- Home > Programmes
Asia-Pacific IMBN Expert Commissions
- Asia-Pacific IMBN is establishing a series of Expert Commissions in various areas of interest and priority to the Asia -Pacific IMBN to review issues and concerns, to assess the current situation and level of capability in the region, and go on to recommend how the Asia-Pacific IMBN can play an effective role in facilitating development of excellence in that area of interest for Asia and the Pacific Rim.
The initiation and successful preparation and publication of Commission reports, followed by appropriate implementation of Commission recommendations, would provide real and exciting opportunities for interested scientists to contribute to promoting the development of science in the region.
The following Commissions have been established :
Commission on Priority Needs
- The Commission will focus on identifying issues of priority concern to Asia-Pacific IMBN participating economies, and on developing action plans aimed at resolving problems of concern. There will be the need to collect and analyze information regarding priority concerns and needs in each participating economy, and work with individuals from each economy to develop thinking further regarding how to effectively address these needs. Among other things, the Commission will define the scope of its efforts, consider such issues as research funding and funding infrastructure in each country, determine research focus and priorities, assess interest and support for molecular biology and biotechnology by government and industry, etc. It will also assess government support for science, targeted funding, and mechanisms for distribution of funds in each economy.
Commission on Strategic Vision
- The Asia-Pacific IMBN Strategic Vision/Plan Commission will work to define the long-term objectives of Asia-Pacific IMBN in the context of our current understanding of how science is likely to develop in future and the role that Asia-Pacific IMBN scientists and institutions may play in helping to make it happen. Specifically, the Commission will:
- survey the directions and opportunities in molecular biology and biotechnology;
- develop an understanding of how Asia-Pacific IMBN should best operate in order to ensure maximum benefit for members and supporting institutions; and
- provide a strategic framework and action agenda to enable the Asia-Pacific IMBN to fulfill its potential.
Contact Information : A-IMBN Secretariat, Bio-MAX Institute, Seoul National University, Seoul 151-742, Korea
Tel +82. 2. 872. 8016 Fax +82. 2. 882. 6702 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright(c) 2010 by A-IMBN. all rights reserved